MAKE A BOOKING FOR YOUR WEDDING OR FUNCTION
Effective for all bookings from 1 January 2021 and apply to bookings to be held until 30th June 2022. Rates for bookings after 30th June 2022 are subject to change.
The rates below apply for a full day or part thereof.
Registered Berry community groups/charities receive a discounted rate. Groups/charities must be registered and listed in the Berry Town Crier if they wish to take advantage of the discounted rate.
- $1,250 per day for ceremony only, and $2,200 for ceremony and reception (or other function where food and drink are served.)
- ‘Rain Insurance’ (use of Hall if weather precludes use of Garden) – $350.
- Use of Hall in addition to Garden – $450.
- Package price for use of both the Garden and Hall for 4 days (usually Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday) for ceremony and reception, or other function where food and drink are served is $2750.
- Weekend and holiday periods – $500 for one day, $200 per additional day and $1,350 for a reception or other function where food and drink are served.
- Midweek – $300 first day then $200 each additional mid-week day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday – excluding Public Holidays which are treated as Weekend rates) and $1,000 for a reception or function on one day, where food and/or drink are served.
- Photographs (particularly weddings) are very popular at the Courthouse. Please ensure you make a booking for any and all photography to be done at the Courthouse.
- Photography fee $350 for 2 hours.
- If you have booked the Courthouse for your wedding ceremony and/or reception the photography fee does not apply.
- Chairs in the garden (75 available) – $7.50 each (white ‘Gladiator’ style folding chairs).
- Tables in the garden (6 available) – $7.50 each.
- The use of tables and chairs in the Hall is included in the hire fee.
- A $1,000 security bond applies to every hire. This is fully refundable, if there are no damages or breaches of the contract.If there is any damage or there is a contract breach then financial penalties will be applied by the Berry Courthouse Committee and deducted from the bond amount held.
- Where a function is being held, a security guard will be employed to ensure full compliance with your conditions and the contract etc. including noise restrictions, finish times, numbers, gate crashing and behaviour. They will be unobtrusive as much as possible. The cost is charged to the hirer and is currently $340 for 4 hours and an additional $85 per hour for any additional hours if required.
Covid 19 and other regulations
- If there are additional costs related to regulations imposed by the Government then these costs will be in addition to the fees in this contract. Ie – currently it is required to have Covid Marshalls to ensure people signing in, complying with other regulations such as limited numbers attending, limited dancing, no singing, mask wearing or anything else required. For example, if Covid Marshalls are required then there needs to be at least one Marshall for the entire period of the function or event. Depending on numbers of attendees there may need to be two Marshalls. These Marshalls will be arranged by the Berry Courthouse and charged to you, the hirer. The cost to the hirer will be at the same rate as the Security guard (as above). We will do what we can to minimise these costs to you but it cannot include the hirer arranging their own Covid Marshall or similar.
IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- To secure a booking full payment of the hiring fee plus bond is required, along with your signed contract.
- Any booking of either the Courthouse building or the Garden is limited to a maximum of 90 people. This number will be affected by current regulations (as at January 2021, and which may change) Currently set at 1 person per 2 square metres would be 40 people, at 1 person per 4 square metres it would be a maximum of 20 people inside. This can vary without much notice so the hirer needs to consider this at the time of booking.
- Hall Hire includes use of the kitchen and toilets. It does not include use of the other two rooms or the Private Garden.
- Private Garden Hire includes the use of the toilets but excludes the use of the building, including the kitchen or for storage. Included in the fee for a wedding in the Garden is a rehearsal time of up to one hour should you need it. Any other use outside these conditions there is a charge.
- If you book the Private Garden you can reserve the Hall to use in case it rains. If you take this option you can use either the Private Garden or the Hall inside. Not both.
- You need to set up, clean up, have deliveries and collections all within your booking period or make arrangements with us if you need access outside your booked times. There is an additional charge for this additional time and this is why we offer a reasonably priced 4 day option.
- Cancellations made more than one calendar month before the date of hire attract a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than one calendar month before the date of hire attract a 100% cancellation fee. If the cancellation is made as a result of regulations imposed because of Covid 19 or anything else then the Courthouse Committee will determine what cancellation costs are withheld but will be as generous as possible. But the minimum cancellation fee will be 10% of the hire charge to assist in covering our costs and administration time. The bond is 100% refundable to you in the event of any cancellation.
- Cancellations made by the Courthouse Committee – while this is unlikely it is possible and will attract a 100% refund to you.
- All functions to commence after 8am and must cease by 10pm midweek (Sunday to Thursday) or 11pm on weekends (Friday and Saturday nights prior to public holidays).
- All functions must comply with the NSW Noise Abatement legislation. It is important that any noise be kept at a reasonable level. In addition to the legislation music outside must be turned off by 9pm and inside the music must still be kept to reasonable volume and totally off by your finish time of 10pm or 11pm. Please consider the community and also ensure your guests leave quietly.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the site, inside or outside. People standing outside the gate(s) to smoke or talking are especially requested to keep the noise to an absolute minimum and respect the neighbours and the community.
- If you are proposing to do anything ‘unusual’ then you need to obtain permission in writing from the Berry Courthouse prior to the event. ‘Unusual’ activities may include, but are not limited to, things such as dance floors (not permitted), games, marquees, BBQs, fire pits and fire of any kind (includes candles and any flame, particularly inside), and require prior written approval.
- We also have two offices with tenants in the back of the building. They also use the kitchen. Please respect them and ensure they are not disturbed with noise and materials in their way on weekdays when they may be there.